[meteorite-list] Tuscon - Cheap rare finds!!!

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:03 2004

Hello, its Mark Bostick, still using Dean's computer so I'm not sure if this
one will say the meteoriteshop like the last or thebigcollector_at_msn.com like
the first...strange...

Today was really dead. There was a little excitement. Once again in
Bessey's .20 cent bargin bins. Many rare finds were found in Dean's room
for nothing. Including a haft kilo CO with a very nice shape for only .50 a
gram. An L3 for .20 a gram. A small CV for .20 a gram. And a ureilite for
.20 a gram. Those were just the ones reported back to me here in the room.
Who knows what else people found that were not talking. The funny thing is
I have seen almost all the dealers looking through his room and many of them
picked up the nice large CO and set it back down. Dean is not really a
collector himself and doesnt sort through the meteorites very well. I would
suggest all those that purchased any lots from him the last year to look
through their purchases a little closer.

I thought it was funny that almost all the dealers I had seen bad mouth Dean
for his dumping of the NWA's could be found here in his room at one time or
another trying to find something cool in his bargin bins. Another
interesting observation was most of the rare finds were the later purchases
as dealers and collectors alike searched out "cute" stones.

I think we all owe Art Jones a big thank you for his work on the meteorite
list. In case you don't know Art puts in his time and pays all the fees
himself. Never once have I seen him complain or ask for anything for his
time or the money he puts out to keep this going. I asked Art to send me
his address so I could send him a free meteorite as a thank you for his
efforts. It would be nice if others would do the same as well. The list is
a great thing and I hope it continues forever. THANK YOU ART!!!!

The auction this mourning was great. I had my eye on one thing and got it.
A 964.2 gram Covert complete slice. Won at $850.00 plus auction fees.

Thanks again to everyone for helping make Tuscon the show it is.

Mark