[meteorite-list] Tucson - Voyage!

From: Themeteoriteshop_at_aol.com <Themeteoriteshop_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:03 2004

Hello everyone,

Guess I will give another show update since I dont see anyone else doing
it....:-)

In the last two days the show has picked up. Something that is a little
breather for many of us. Yesterday was Blood's auction and as Mike Martinez
(MARE Meteorites) mentions....the auction is worth it just for the humor
value.

The Norton's were there selling some of the last copies of the hardbound
"Rocks from Space". (Being the greedy Big Collector, I picked up 10 copies
that will soon be for sale for my regular customers only at a discounted
price...those that fit this bill should e-mail me). Many great things in the
auction went for little or nothing. Norton put his new book...one of the
only copies in the auction and it went over $200! (To Mike Farmer). A piece
of Nininger's crapper went for $30.00. A 30 gram haft stone on Pampa B went
for $30.00. Several moroccans went for around $.10 a gram. A Gibeon slice
around 350 grams went for $250.00. The highest item went for $4750...but I
did not see what it was. Perhaps listees can help here? The Hartmans ended
a lot of the membrane cases which went for around $1.25 each...in large lots.
 These are really nice and if you dont already have a bunch you should check
out his website and order some (cheap spam shot). Allende thin section
$40.00,.

Several things did not get their opening bid. The main mass of NWA001
($800.00), an NWA482 thin section didnt get a $250.00 opening bid. None of
meteorites.com items got any bids....sorry Oscar and Edguardo..:-(

Tonight was the big birthday party and one of the most festive nights. Just
about everyone was there and we all seemed to have a great time. Awards were
given out for different things. I will ask Steve Arnold...one of the award
givers to list this...as I have had too much to drink tonight.

Besides the superlong wait for food or drinks and the 20% added commision we
all had a lot of fun. I would like to think all those that put this event
together and look forward to the event next year. The food was really
good....

Tomorrow is the second auction and the last of our little sociel events. I
have my eye on one item but wont be upset if I dont get it.

Perhaps someone else would like to give prices around the show? Perhaps with
time I will give an in depth show report (?).

Mark

PS: A shame to see Voyage! go...a shame John has felt no need to e-mail us
writers.