[meteorite-list] Leonid Meteorite

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:02 2004

> I was wondering is their a documented for sure 100%
> meteorite that came from the comet Temple Tuttle?? We
> know that the Leonids come from this comet. Just maybe
> their is meteorite out their????? Rick

In theory, it is possible for a meteorite to occur from
a meteor shower. However, I have heard of no confirmed
case of a meteorite being recovered from a meteor shower.
It appears that most of the particles are dust particles,
and while they put on a good show entering the Earth's
atmosphere, most of them burn up in the process.

Ron Baalke