[meteorite-list] "Iron" Breccias

From: Space Rocks <spacerox_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:59 2004

I've seen Gibeons with three different etch patterns. I was told it was due to
the mass cooling in three areas and the patterns "growing" together. You can
see a slice with two patterns on my web page.

My vote for an iron breccia would be Udei Station. It is very granular looking
with at least three distinct and different types of metal visible as different
shades of gray and silver.

Rick Kujawa
http://www.spacerocks.com