[meteorite-list] Meteor-doubtful

From: N Lehrman <nlehrman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:35 2004

Hey guys,

Don't be so astonished. We're all variously involved with a field of
interest that breeds and thrives on wild goose chases and tall tales, albeit
the "meter" or "astiroid" usually went down just behind the barn rather than
in it. No matter how jaded or seasoned we are, all of us sit up and pay
attention when some old timer starts to spin a yarn like this at the other
end of the bar. We get to be cynics and skeptics, but the dream never dies.
One of these tales will come good. Most of us are game to gamble some of
our time checking these stories. A few, perhaps the naive greenhorns
amongst us, still gamble some money, but either way we're buying
entertainment and fanning our fantasies. I always figured a great tale
followed by a wild goose chase was worth something! This is where grandpas
and grandmas get stories to tell the grandkids.

The first law of serendipity is that in order to find anything you have to
be looking for something.

May we all have a backlog of exploded barns, big holes, and hot rocks to
pursue!

Regards,

Norm