[meteorite-list] Ensisheim tkw compilation update

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Z.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:33 2004

Dear list,

I wish first to thank all of you who sent me data and weights of Ensisheim
meteorites that are in your private collections.

As many of you asked to be kept in touch about the progress of my
compilation, I am enclosing herewith, as attachment, this updated listing.
Please complete and correct if necessary. I would in particular appreciate
knowing the city and country where your collection is stored.=20
I am also continuing to look forward to hearing from new repositories as
there by no means should be more among the list collectors or dealers.

I also wanted to send again, in a more readable form than in my first mail,
the big comparative Table, listing repositories and (some) private
collection weights coming from database recently built by Russell Kempton
(NEMS) and sent to ma as per Dec. 1, 2003.=20
In this table, I have compared these values:=20
1) to those listed in the BM. Catalogue (M. Grady, Ed. 2000) (column 2 of
the table) and also:
3) to those reported in our own "Red Book" archiving the History of
Ensisheim ("ENSISHEIM, Son Histoire =E0 travers les Pierres", edited by the
Confr=E9rie St Georges des Gardiens de la M=E9t=E9orite d'Ensisheim, Sept.=
 1993,
133 pp, Table p 25 (World Distribution of the Ensisheim Meteorite Fragments,
as compiled by J. Schmutzer, Hamburg, Gremany), data that are probably
fragmentary and that need updating.

Upon sending this table as attachmant by last Friday to all of you, the list
moderator warned me that the so sent message was too long, (over 20 KB) and
therefore this table is not included in the present message.
I'd be happy to send it, as attachment, to anyone interested and asking me
specifically to send it.

Anyway, I will be sending this table to Russell who kindly provided me his
own data and I'd appreciate to hear his comments about the discrepancies of
the tkw's as listed in the 3 culumns of table.=20
So far, I tend to consider Russell's data, that stem from recent compilation
of various data bases, as the most reliable. However, this list is for sure
not definite and probably many errors subsist in each comumn, as perhaps
some of the official institutes did not report recent updatings.=20
My next task will be then to contact each of the institutes, universities or
museums individually.=20
A heavy but stimulating task. Any help from any of you is always warmly=
 welcome!

Thank you very much and have a great day (or night)

Zelimir
----------------
Preliminary listing of the Ensisheim meteorite weights from private
collections of some list members, as compiled by Zelimir Gabelica (France).
(updated December 9, 2002, 18:00 GMT)

Honolulu, Joseph Murakami coll. 45g
Waldkirch, Renate & Michael Buckler coll. 16.1g
Oleye , Zelimir Gabelica coll. 15.82g
City?, Rob Wezel coll. 12.82
NEMS sales stock about 9g
City?, Fred Olsen coll.(15 pieces) 6.850g
City ?, Peter Scherff (2 pieces 5.25g
Chicago, Steve Arnold coll. 3.7g
City ?, Mauro Ianeselli 3.2g
City ?, Eric Olson coll. 2.05g
City ?, David Hardy coll. 1.8g
Tessera, Matteo Chinellato coll. 1.56g
City?, Thomas Webb coll. 1.3885g
City?, Charlie Devine coll. 1.346g
City?, Steven Drummond coll. 1.342g
Linger, Guy Heinen coll. 0.85g
Helsinki, Frederick Janik coll. 0.3g
City?, Julien Courtois coll. 0.22g
Evansville (?), Rhett Bourland coll. 0.05g

Prof. Zelimir Gabelica
Groupe S=E9curit=E9 et Ecologie Chimiques (GSEC) - ENSCMu
3, rue A. Werner
F-68093 MULHOUSE Cedex, FRANCE
Tel: +33 (0)3 89 33 68 94
FAX: +33 (0)3 89 33 68 15