[meteorite-list] re.: Database

From: CMcdon0923_at_aol.com <CMcdon0923_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:25 2004

While my records are not in a true database program, but simply an Excel
spreadsheet, I record the following information for each of my meteorites:

Date
Find / Fall
Petrologic Type (i.e., Hx, Lx, Cx, etc., etc...)
Specimen weight
Specimen type (i.e. slice, partslice, fragment, endpiece, complete,
etc.,...as an abbreviation)
Fusion crust (Y or N)
Date of Purchase
Source
Price
Effective price per gram (Price / weight)

The other categories you mention such a TKW, location/coordinates, discovery
date, etc., I generally put on the labels. There are numerous available
sources of that data, so I didn't consider it important enough to include
(i.e., duplicate) on my listing. But, if you have it truly set up as a
(relational?) database, it's probably a good thing to include.

Craig