[meteorite-list] Lets rename the thread! (postoffice problems!)

From: FERNLEA4_at_aol.com <FERNLEA4_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:25 2004

--part1_119.1692de1b.2aa099e8_boundary

capricorn89_at_earthlink.net writes:

> For full-time businesses with only that single source of income, and unless
> they want negative cash-flow, their only alternative is to increase
> profit-margins with higher prices to cover such expenses or go out of
> business.

Not necessarily Ron.
It depends on the size of the business - buying power, turnover, profit
margins, quantities involved, etc.
We play DHL off against Fed-Ex, and the carrier which gives us the best rate
wins our business.
They wouldn't be interested in discussing discounts for small quantities of
10 per month, but if you tempt them with a carrot of 80+ per month, they'll
do their best to beat their rivals' shipping quotations. We ship a lot of
packages overseas and have been for something like 14 years. The carriers are
more than willing to discuss hefty discounts for quantity, so that's how we
are able to absorb these kind of overheads ourselves without passing them
onto the customer.

Cheers,
Rob.
www.meteorites.uk.com
Fernlea Meteorites,
The Wynd,
Off Dickson Lane,
Milton of Balgonie,
Fife. KY7 6PY
United Kingdom
Tel: +44-(0)1592-751563
Fax: +44-(0)1592-751991
Mobile: 07909-773929
Email: fernlea4_at_aol.com

--part1_119.1692de1b.2aa099e8_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 30/08/02 09:55:08 GMT Daylight Time, capricorn89_at_earthlink.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">For full-time businesses with only that single source of income, and unless they want negative cash-flow, their only alternative is to increase profit-margins with higher prices to cover such expenses or go out of business.</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
Not necessarily Ron.<BR>
It depends on the size of the business - buying power, turnover, profit margins, quantities involved, etc.<BR>
We play DHL off against Fed-Ex, and the carrier which gives us the best rate wins our business.<BR>
They wouldn't be interested in discussing discounts for small quantities of 10 per month, but if you tempt them with a carrot of 80+ per month, they'll do their best to beat their rivals' shipping quotations. We ship a lot of packages overseas and have been for something like 14 years. The carriers are more than willing to discuss hefty discounts for quantity, so that's how we are able to absorb these kind of overheads ourselves without passing them onto the customer.<BR>
<BR>
Cheers,<BR>
Rob.<BR>
www.meteorites.uk.com<BR>
Fernlea Meteorites,<BR>
The Wynd,<BR>
Off Dickson Lane,<BR>
Milton of Balgonie,<BR>
Fife. KY7 6PY<BR>
United Kingdom<BR>
Tel: +44-(0)1592-751563<BR>
Fax: +44-(0)1592-751991<BR>
Mobile: 07909-773929<BR>
Email: fernlea4_at_aol.com</FONT></HTML>

--part1_119.1692de1b.2aa099e8_boundary--