[meteorite-list] reduced ordinary chondrites revisited

From: David Weir <dgweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:24 2004

Hello List,

I found the following abstract from the latest MetSoc meeting
interesting. Having not read the GCA article by Wasson that was
mentioned by Jeff, I was interested to read some further details on the
subject, however brief. I assume this is what Wasson wrote about.

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/metsoc2002/pdf/5083.pdf

It seems to me to give more credence to Jeff's (and Wasson's ?)
statement ascribing the reduction of OCs to different parent body
processes, rather than to an origin on a separate parent body - the
latter proposal suggested in one post-Wasson, non-peer-reviewed paper.

David

on Sat, 13 Jul 2002 20:09:33 -0400