[meteorite-list] New english meteorite?

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:23 2004

Hullo,
Further to the story of the girl who had this 'meteorite' hit her foot....

Saw the object (and the girl) on TV - sorry - doesn't ring true to me! The
rock is a vesicular mass looking very like a piece of pumice or slag and
also the girl reported that it was warm (don;t they all say that?!!)
Strange things do drop out of the sky - many years ago, whilst sitting in my
sister's garden a (vinyl) record plopped out of the sky, on a clear and
sunny day, and embedded itself up to the center hole in the ground. Usual
exclusions apply i.e. no kids about or aircraft &c. so God knows where this
thing came from - but 3 of us saw it land...! For your info the record was
"Vado Via" by Drupi - a one-hit-wonder here in the UK. The record was later
used to scoop up a dead bird if I recall!

we live in an odd world.....

I shall keep an eye out to see what develops!

In gentle decay,
d.
"I have a proof that x^n+y^n=z^n never has integer solutions for n>2.
however, it won't fit into my signature file...."

IMCA #0092
imca_0092_at_hotmail.com (for IMCA member contact)

http://www.meteorites.ic24.net/index.html