[meteorite-list] Nwa 869

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:23 2004

Hello all

My classification for this meteorite is a Chondrite
L3.8/L6 Breccia but many others no give a similar
classification to this meteorite.
Few lots is on ebay now and others pieces is visible
on my sale site.
Regards

matteo

--- dean bessey <deanbessey_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> >Here is what I have Jim, not sure if the TKW is
> correct...
> >>L4 chondrite
> >Found 2000-2001, Sahara Desert, North Africa.
> >Recovered Weight ~ 1200kg.
> >Over 1000 stones were recovered.
> >W1? S?
> >
> It is going to show up in the Met bulletin as an
> unbrecciated L5. However,
> it has been classified several times (Usually under
> different NWA names by
> dealers who know that there are lots of nice and
> unusual things in this
> meteorite and who dont want to sell it as just an
> L5). Lots of stones are
> brecciated and there appear to be at least 3
> different major types of
> inclusions. The material is very varied (Even with
> the same stone) so
> whatever classification a researcher gets depends on
> the sample that is sent
> to him. Most dealers only send 20 or 50 grams of
> something to a researcher
> to classify and somebody can only classifify what he
> has.
> As far as TKW, it is high. I got another 150 kilos
> last week which brings
> the amount that I have or have gone through up to
> around 750 kilos. I know
> that there is more. 1200 kilos sounds like the best
> guess that I can think
> of to.
> And I should add one more very important thing: I
> have about 200 kilos here
> right now in my apartment so for $200 (Preferable
> via paypal) I will send
> you a kilo (Or $1750 for 10 kilos). I will cover
> shipping to canada or the
> US but $12 to other countries (Which is less than
> half the shipping cost but
> I will pick up the rest).
> Cheers
> DEAN

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/