[meteorite-list] Re: --Just a suggestion for your Tucson Ring-(Flame delete if under 18 )

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:22 2004

Hi Elton and all,

Although I hate to address this issue, Elton is 100% right in his assessment of Steve
Arnold from Chicago. When Steve started posting to the list, I tried to help him out
and tell him what the list was for. I even tried to suggest some lists that might be
more for what he was trying to do. I received a very arrogant (and nasty) message back
from him saying he would pretty much do what he wanted to do and it was free
enterprise and he could post what he wanted to the list. I then informed him he would
be filtered from my emails from that time on and he has been. The only time I know
something is going on is when someone quotes or responds to his email on the list.
Even these are too frequent!

It wasn't long until he was asked to tone down the posts. He hasn't listen and won't.
I agree that he is probably a nice guy in some ways and I think he is passionate about
collecting but he doesn't get what the list is for. If he thinks he is getting picked
on, it is because he doesn't listen to reason.

Steve, I hope you will listen this time around but I doubt it.

Sorry to list members who have been offended but I am offended by someone who disrupts
the list time and time again because he can't listen to what is being said. Anyone can
look at the list rules and I think it is pretty clear that Steve has taken advantage
and push his luck far too often.

--AL