[meteorite-list] Fulgerite Sale: UPDATE

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:19 2004

>It is simple, no payments to a "Nomad, but to a man in Erfoud"
>No one buys from "Nomads" except the people in Morocco.
>Mike Farmer

At least not from somebody who just goes to the local resellers of
meteorites in Erfoud and then tells his investors that he buys directly from
the nomads. Then when somebody questions him about ripping off his investors
by lying to them like that creates a huge email thread saying that I accused
them of having unhappy investors. Of course you have happy investors. In
january your investors got 1.3 kilos of CR2 for under $10 a gram and 2 kilos
of the many dozens of kilos of R chondrite that is floating around morocco
for $2 a gram. Maybe you should have gotten your investors in january to
give you an extra couple thousand dollars so that you could afford buy the
last kilo of CR2 that was around. Then you could have kept the price at $75
instead of watching me dump it for $23.50.
But you are the only major buyer in morocco who dont have any connections
with the nomads. Everybody else works with the nomads and after the million
or so dollars of investors money that you spent over there the locals in
morocco wouldent even spot you $3000 worth of meteorites when you went over
a few weeks ago. I never said that you had upset investors. I said that you
ripped of your investors. You say that you buy from nomads and all that you
do is buy from the local dealers who buy from the nomads. Thats lying. I buy
from the dealers to sometimes. But I have several nomads that I work very
closely with. But of course somebody who only goes shopping wouldent
understand that.
But remember when you were in morocco last winter trying to buy bensour and
you had a hard time buying stuff? I guess that you must have figured that
maybe you can try to actually deal with the nomads directly for the first
time.
You accused me of manipulating the market on you when you went over. Boy I
have power. I was 5000 or so miles away and ruined your shopping when you
were right there with cash in hand. Boy I am good. On the tip of the hairs
on Joel warrens behind (And we all know what that is worth) I swear that I
was not responsible.
However, on the sunday when you were in morocco having trouble buying
bensour you decided that for the first time you would try and deal with a
nomad. So you actually went out in the desert to see a namad who said that
he had 30 kilos that he would sell for 50 cents a gram. You spent most of
the day going out in the desert to see a nomad. Then when you got there the
nomad had 1250 grams that he wouldent sell for less than $5. I wonder why a
nomad would lead you on like that? Just idle thinking of course.
Cheers
DEAN
PS:
Say farmer. That photo of you in the bensour strewnfield? Boy that must be a
big strewnfield - especially since in that photo you are a hundred miles or
so away from where any meteorites are found. Maybe my egypt travel photos
should be considered in the strewnfield to. After all, it is the same
desert. That counts doesnt it? With all of the trouble that you have with
the police every time that you go to morocco I know that you went to a
militarized border area. Just another Farmer fabrication as he creates
stories so that he can sell his meteorites for double what other dealers
charge.