[meteorite-list] Supplement to "Block any Worm"

From: RAYDOBOS_at_aol.com <RAYDOBOS_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:18 2004

Here's an improvement on the "Block the Worm" e-mail I recently sent
to the "list". It was sent to me by someone who is already using this
gimmick.
Ray:
    Thank you!! It will work for certain worms -- those programmed to
read your address book beginning with the first entry. An entry like
"!000" is slightly better because the "!" character is numerically
before the "a" character in ASCII. The "address book" infections are
worth spending some time to prevent, because someone receiving one will
be more likely to trust something from someone they know. But do use a
virus scanning program!
    I'm assuming he means to replace the AAAAAAA entry with
!000
Sounds like a good idea that makes sense. (I also do have an excellent
virus scanning program)