Fwd: [meteorite-list] updated sale page

From: SSachs9056_at_aol.com <SSachs9056_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:17 2004

--part1_28.2b4443db.2a8fceae_boundary

Steve, Steve, Steve,

I can now understand how some members of this list is getting exceedingly
frustrated with your posts. Your lastest sales post seems amost cryptic in
nature, and this can be astonishingly frustrating for the reader. As I now
understand it, you sold off the Wagon Mound, and the 2 kilos of NWA's
separately from the Tucson Ring, and now the price is $1,500? Right?

But now the Tucson ring is being sold with 2 specimens list "two others".
Right?

The sentence: "I added four new items" has nothing to do with the sale of the
Tucson Ring. Right?

Steve, if you are asking potential buyers to shell out $1,500, being coy or
mysterious about your sales frustrates people. Your enthusiasm about
meteorites, is apparent and can be appreciated, (and I've been there too) but
if it bubbles over into being so excited you type things onto the screen and
send them to this list without really looking into the implications, or
carefully have your thoughts layed out, you've really done nothing more than
alienate other list members that are a bit more reserved and unflappable.
Your ads and website with all of the exclamation points, leaves me almost
breathless. (again you may be showing your enthusiasm)

My advise is to SLOW DOWN, and watch how others list items for sale from time
to time, and possibly take their cue.

I hope you can take this advise, not as a major criticism, but just
that...advice. Your enthusiasm is infectious, and I'm sure you will have many
years of pleasant meteorite buying, searching, and studying.

Best to you Steve,

Steven L. Sachs IMCA #9210

--part1_28.2b4443db.2a8fceae_boundary