[meteorite-list] Old Woman meteorite, part III (or IV?)

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:16 2004

--part1_12e.16042901.2a8ed3f1_boundary

 bolidechaser_at_yahoo.com writes:

> You just missed meeting me at the Barstow Desert
> Discovery Center on Tuesday. But you did get to meet
> Bob Hilburn's mother. Bob and his mother are typical
> of the volunteer spirit that drives most of the
> research efforts being conducted in the Mojave Desert.

Sorry I missed you, Bob....I had met Hilburn's mother on previous visits, but
at least this time when she spoke of the BLM, she seemed to be more positive
about the general outlook for the future. She said they're making concerted
efforts to keep up maintenance of the building, there's a new (to me anyway)
sign out front hyping the "Old Woman" meteorite, etc. I just hope that her
"volunteer spirit" (and that of her son) is enough to keep the operation
afloat as far as staffing the place, though.....one might reasonably worry
that "volunteer spirit" alone, no matter how dedicated, can't shoulder the
burden indefinitely.

       Gregory

--part1_12e.16042901.2a8ed3f1_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2> bolidechaser_at_yahoo.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">You just missed meeting me at the Barstow Desert<BR>
Discovery Center on Tuesday. But you did get to meet<BR>
Bob Hilburn's mother.&nbsp; Bob and his mother are typical<BR>
of the volunteer spirit that drives most of the<BR>
research efforts being conducted in the Mojave Desert.</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Sorry I missed you, Bob....I had met Hilburn's mother on previous visits, but at least this time when she spoke of the BLM, she seemed to be more positive about the general outlook for the future.&nbsp;&nbsp; She said they're making concerted efforts to keep up maintenance of the building, there's a new (to me anyway) sign out front hyping the "Old Woman" meteorite, etc.&nbsp;&nbsp; I just hope that her "volunteer spirit" (and that of her son) is enough to keep the operation afloat as far as staffing the place, though.....one might reasonably worry that "volunteer spirit" alone, no matter how dedicated, can't shoulder the burden indefinitely.&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gregory<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_12e.16042901.2a8ed3f1_boundary--