[meteorite-list] Cat-Faced Sikhote

From: geoking_at_notkin.net <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:13 2004

Dear Listees:

Greetings from sweltering New York/New Jersey.

It was great to see the meteorite community so well represented at
the Springfield, Mass show this past weekend. I believe it was the
best turn out ever with (by my count) eight dealers displaying
meteorites on their tables, and a goodly number of M-List members and
other enthusiasts in attendance.

I acquired a marvelous little Sikhote-Alin -- 64.5 grams -- which I
must share with you all. Yes, we've all seen Sikhotes with holes, but
this individual is the first I've seen with two:

http://www.notkin.net/temp/catface.htm

And for those of you who, like me, constantly attribute animal
characteristics to inanimate objects (such as . . . well . . .
meteorites), this one is clearly a feral cat : )

Regards,

Geoff N.