[meteorite-list] Perseids

From: Dfpens_at_aol.com <Dfpens_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:13 2004

Dear List:

I spent the past two nights out at the local amateur astronomers association
observatory in Deer Lakes Park (Wagman Observatory), about 20 miles northeast
of Pittsburgh, PA.

Sunday night was fairly clear with high thin clouds. Between midnight and
2:30 am, we saw about a dozen meteors, with maybe four being sporadic.
Monday night was a bit worse with more clouds and fair ground fog, but we
still saw about a dozen between midnight and 3 am (mostly through a hole
directly overhead), with the brightest being a sporadic.

Not a great night, but we seem to have had better luck than most other
listees. Sure can't compare to the Leonids last November in Arizona!!

Dave Pensenstadler