[meteorite-list] a possible meteorite find (just going for a walk)

From: Steve Arnold, Chicago!!! <steve_arnol60120_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:12 2004

Good morning all. And what a morning it might be. Last night at about
7:30, I was out for a walk, nothing new, I do it all the time. I was just
walking when about 400 yards from my house, I saw a brownish looking rock
just lying on the ground. It looked a little unusual. So I picked it up
and I thoght this does not look like a normal rock. So when I got home I
weighed it, 25 grams, slight metal flakes on one side, and yes it did have
a pull with my magnet. But I'm having trouble deciding if this a meteorite
find, or something else. It has all characteristics of a meteorite, but
something is missing, and it is baffling me. I should know for sure. I'll
have a pic on my site later. Meteorite or not??? Some help would be nice.

                                                        steve

=====
Steve R.Arnold, Chicago, IL, 60120
I. M. C. A. MEMBER #6728