[meteorite-list] Old Woman meteorite, part III (or IV?)

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:11 2004

--part1_9f.2b9c201c.2a88b866_boundary

I've just driven through the Mojave Desert to Las Vegas (so as to havea good
Perseid-viewing-headquarters ONLY, of course ;-) and will be stopping by the
"Desert Discovery Center" in Barstow on my way back to LA Tuesday. We've
briefly touched on the "Old Woman" meteorite a few times on the list, and the
rumors about its possibly being moved or going into storage, and about the
tenuousness of the "Desert Discovery Center" which has been the ol' girl's
home for many years, up to this point anyway. Anyone know the current
status? Bob V.?

Gregory

http://www.ca.blm.gov/barstow/meteorite.html

--part1_9f.2b9c201c.2a88b866_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>
<BR>I've just driven through the Mojave Desert to Las Vegas (so as to havea good Perseid-viewing-headquarters ONLY, of course ;-) and will be stopping by the "Desert Discovery Center" in Barstow on my way back to LA Tuesday. &nbsp;&nbsp;We've briefly touched on the "Old Woman" meteorite a few times on the list, and the rumors about its possibly being moved or going into storage, and about the tenuousness of the "Desert Discovery Center" which has been the ol' girl's home for many years, up to this point anyway. &nbsp;Anyone know the current status? &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Bob V.?
<BR>
<BR>Gregory
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ca.blm.gov/barstow/meteorite.html</FONT></HTML>