[meteorite-list] Brad Sampson Update

From: LITIG8NSHARK_at_aol.com <LITIG8NSHARK_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:11 2004

--part1_180.bda38a0.2a881951_boundary

Good afternoon all,

I have done business with Brad Sampson many times in the past. Though, the
bulk of those transactions were more than a year ago. Although all my
purchases did eventually arrive, safe and sound, they were invariably
received later than I would have expected. Occasionally much later. I came to
expect delayed shipment. Unfortunately, it appears that some of you have had
a much less than satisfactory transaction experience with Brad and, he does
need to make good on those obligations.

I attempted to email Brad at both his gte.net address and his aol.com address
and both attempts came back with a response that his email address is no
longer good. The gte.net address was good as of 2 months ago, I know for a
fact.

If any list member has need for Brad's physical address please email me off
list and I will provide it. He has had the same physical address for the at
least the past two years.

Have a great week ahead.

Best Regards,

Paul Martyn IMCA # 1121

In a message dated 8/11/2002 2:18:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
SSachs9056_at_aol.com writes:

> Dear List,
>
> I sure didn't mean to get embroiled in a controversy, but was thinking
> outloud when I responded to Matteo's post. I was also emailed later,
> privately by someone else on this list, who finds themselves in the same
> boat
> as Matteo-----money sent, no meteorite. At that point my IMCA
> responsibility
> (?) kicked in.
>
> Interestingly, I typed in Brad's name into YAHOO and found a post made to
> this list From January 17, 2001 from Sergi Simakov, also wanting to know
> Brad
> Sampson's correct email address, because he too had sent money and had
> never
> received their meteorite specimen. (list server archives).
>
> Uh...without knowing Brad personally, or ever having done business with him
> before, I would be hard pressed to even offer my opinion on this dealer's
> reputation, and so forth. For that reason alone, I will remain mum. If
> others
> on this list have worked with Mr. Sampson, possibly they can offer some
> insight.
>
> However: Checking old threads, I have found several Email addresses for
> Brad
> Sampson, take your pick:
> Bobwrasse_at_webtv.net
> meteor.dealer_at_gte.net
> meteordealer_at_aol.com
>
> Brad, if you are out there reading this or someone on this list can pass
> this message along to Brad,-------you might want to reply to Matteo, about
> his concerns.

--part1_180.bda38a0.2a881951_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT COLOR="#0000ff" SIZE=3>Good afternoon all,
<BR>
<BR>I have done business with Brad Sampson many times in the past. Though, the bulk of those transactions were more than a year ago. Although all my purchases did <I>eventually</I> arrive, safe and sound, they were invariably received later than I would have expected. Occasionally much later. I came to expect delayed shipment. Unfortunately, it appears that some of you have had a much less than satisfactory transaction experience with Brad and, he does need to make good on those obligations.
<BR>
<BR>I attempted to email Brad at both his gte.net address and his aol.com address and both attempts came back with a response that his email address is no longer good. The gte.net address was good as of 2 months ago, I know for a fact.
<BR>
<BR>If any list member has need for Brad's physical address please email me off list and I will provide it. He has had the same physical address for the at least the past two years.
<BR>
<BR>Have a great week ahead.
<BR>
<BR>Best Regards,