[meteorite-list] Meteorite hunters

From: John Reed <john_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:07 2004

--------------227F58EA116A6C1F18A464E3

Hey Tom the dogs are the best idea ive ever heard of yet , I personaly
would like to have my own mini chopper, but how would you know if a
black rock on the ground was a metorite. OK I would land for any black
rocks that seemed suspect.
What do you think?
Thanks John

James_TOM Knudson wrote:

> Are you making fun of me? Tom
>

> >From: John Reed
> >To: James_TOM Knudson
> >CC: meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com
> >Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Meteorite hunters
> >Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 19:14:56 -0700
> >
> >Hey tom what do you think of a mini chopper (helicopter) they sell in
>
> >kits you put together yourself for right around 100k plus some thing
> you
> >could shine at the ground that would give a signal when you shine it
> on
> >metal , is there anything like that does any one know?
> >Thanks John
> >
> >James_TOM Knudson wrote:
> >
> > > Hello List, Someone from "down under", playfully, asked me about
> > > training falcons for an extra set of eyes while meteorite hunting.
> It
> > > would work great in an area void of terrestrial rocks. You could
> train
> > > them to look for meteorites, But, of course, they could not tell
> the
> > > difference between rocks and rocks from space. I would think it
> would
> > > be completely feasible to train a dog to sniff out fresh fusion
> > > crusts. On a witnesed fall a group of hounds could sniff out a
> strewn
> > > field in a fraction of the time a group of metal detecting
> meteorite
> > > hunters could. List, Please let me know your thoughts on this
> matter.
> > > Thanks, Tom

> Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: Click Here

--------------227F58EA116A6C1F18A464E3

Hey Tom the dogs are the best idea ive ever heard of&nbsp; yet , I personaly
would like to have my own mini chopper, but how would you know if a black
rock on the ground was a metorite. OK I would land for any black rocks
that seemed suspect.&nbsp;<br>
What do you think?&nbsp;<br>
Thanks John
in