[meteorite-list] One for your book

From: John Reed <john_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:06 2004

 Hey Rob if your writining a book here's a another story (sorry no
meteorite yet)
  In 1981 I was working for a women near Palm Springs we were
constructing a stone retaining wall and we needed a couple more stones
to finish The women brought us to the back of her house and pointed to a
large stone and told us that in 1964 on a Sunday her husband Barny was
taking a nap and she was working in the garden when a rock(meteorite)
came through the roof of the bedroom where Barney was sleeping Barney
she said came running out of the house and promtly accussed her of
throwing a rock at him to wake him up.After of course they realized what
had really happend They had the roof repaired from thier insurance
co.She said the repiarmen told her that there was some black stuff
around hole We put the stone in her retaing wall I went back last year
when I found out how rare an occurance they really where but she has
since passed away and her house was abandond for many years We were not
able to locate it but, I recently found out that meteorites usaully come
down in more than 1 piece and we never searched the surrounding desert
for more pieces We will have to make another trip( hunt) for that one
maybe you would like to join us ( anyone) anyway this trip I am at least
going to get a pic of her roof maybe by some miricale we can get a fix
on the trajectary
 Thanks John