[meteorite-list] Looks too weathered? (The "Neuschwanstein" Meteorite)

From: Mark Fox <unclefireballmtf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:06 2004

Aug. 4, 2002

Greetings Mr. Robert Verish and Fellow Meteorite
Enthusiasts!

My attention, too, was drawn to the rusting on an
otherwise beautiful meteorite. Is that what becomes
of them stranded in such a climate, or are we dealing
with an extremely weather-challenged rock? Does
someone know if Pribram is a "ruster"?

I have recently taken a look at a picture of the
Pribram H5 chondrite. I must say, there does appear
to be some similarities!

However, a thought, although unlikely, has been
nudging my noodle. Is there the slightest chance that
possibly, just possibly, the "Neuschwanstein" space
rock represents a different fall, not related to that
of the famous early April fireball(s)?

Long strewn fields!

Mark Fox
Newaygo, MI USA