[meteorite-list] Lingams...impactite related?

From: Robert & Wendi Beauford <wendirob_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:49:03 2004

Of the 100's or 1000's of lingams I've seen, none showed indications of
anything that I would associate with a meteoric or impact related origin.
I've even sold a few at one time or another. Rivers of origin vary
considerably with whom you buy them from. The most reasonable explanation
I've seen is that they are formed by whirling around in what are termed
'solution pots' or 'bath tubs' in river beds. It seems that most of the
ones I've seen in the last few years are artificialy cut into their
characteristic shape.
Similar shapes have religious significance, but not meteoritical
significance, in many cultures.
-Robert Beauford