FW: RE: [meteorite-list] Ureilites/Venus - Ureilite carbon

From: Joseph Hum <jkarlhum_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:49:02 2004

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

From: Joseph Hum

Sent: 9/20/01 8:34:47 PM

Subject: FW: RE: [meteorite-list]
Ureilites/Venus - Ureilite carbon

----- Original Message -----

From: Joseph Hum

To: C.L.Smith_at_open.ac.uk

Sent: 9/20/01 8:26:07 PM

Subject: RE: [meteorite-list]
Ureilites/Venus - Ureilite carbon

Howdy,

What you say may very well be the case... However, you are saying
then, Ureilites, do not possess

any features or characteristics of a differentiated body origin??
Insofar as isotopes go, you claimed

there is a " mixing " of isotopes occurring and you attempt to explain it
away with conventional/usual

arguments; why not from a differentiated body?? Moreover, these
isotopes of 02,N2,Ar/Ne, Xe, etc.

DO come from differentiated bodies... the most important aspect of
proving Martian meteorites was

due to Martian atmosphere N2 and other isotopes being trapped
within minerals in the rocks... So I don't

understand what you are talking about... I think we should be
analyzing Venusian atmosphere and

other data on the Venusian rocks obtained from Vega 1 and 2 and other
probes and correlating this

data to Ureilites... instead of making armchair judgements out of
hand, esp. when you claim there is

allot of uncertainty as to the petrogeneisis of Ureilites... maybe you're
not looking in the right place To

explain this phenomenon... Also, take into account I never said
they are purely Venusian rock; I said

they are possible Venus and a portion of the IMPACTOR... I read
somewhere that the diamonds in

Ureilites are different from the ones found in meteorites like Allende;
they are larger for one, and did NOT

resemble ones created by "shock" as in Canyon Diablo, they are "higher"
quality!, like ones produced

on a planetary body... and the carbon forms/ratios seemed peculiar
compared to other meteorites...

At any rate, I really do appreciate you information and it will help me...
in my analysis of Ureilites.

As I stated before, instead of just relying on theory and supposition
to explain these Enigmatic Rocks,

I want to correlate Data from Venus and Ureilites to see relationships, if
in fact they exist... Which I have

and I go in another direction--- toward Venus!

Best Regards,

Caroline

J.K. Hum