[meteorite-list] Tulia (a)

From: FRANK B CRESSY <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:49:01 2004

Hello all,
Looking for a little help. I recently acquired a thin section of Tulia (a)
which is classified in the COM as a brecciated H3/4. It is being sold as
this from several dealers. Under the scope, however, it appears my Tulia (a)
is a higher petrographic grade than a 3 or 4. The chondrule boundaries
aren't very sharp and everything appears somewhat recrystallized.
After looking at the thin section, I vaguely remembered reading somewhere
that Tulia (a) might have been misclassified due to a mix-up with another
meteorite. Am I correct in remembering this and if so, does anyone know the
correct classification?
Thanks for your help.
Frank