[meteorite-list] Thanks + About Denver

From: geoking_at_notkin.net <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:58 2004

Dear Friends:

A sincere "thank you" to the many List members who sent us -- here in
the NY/NJ area -- emails of concern and support, and to our friends
all around the world who have taken the time to write to their
American colleagues.

Geoff Cintron and I were scheduled to fly to Denver today, and
obviously will not be able to so. As American subscribers already
know, only previously diverted flights will be allowed to take off
from New York and New Jersey airports today. Even if the airlines get
back to normal tomorrow, there will be a large backlog of traffic.
It's unlikely that either of us will be able to make it to the show,
and we send our regrets to our many friends who will be attending.

This is a disappointment, as we've been looking forward to the show
for months, but is a very minor thing when compared to the great
suffering of our friends and neighbors here in the NY area. We also
feel that it is the right thing to do to stay clear of the airports,
in order that those who really need to travel may be able to do so.

Very shortly, I will be posting my photographs from yesterday's
disaster. I spent much of the day trying to volunteer with the police
or EMS here on the west bank of the Hudson, but only
medically-trained professionals were being accepted. There seemed
nothing left to do but document the terrible events, and share them
with our colleagues.

With best wishes,

Geoff Notkin