[meteorite-list] 1876 Scientific American, Tucson Ring, NHM & the "Ovifak"

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:57 2004

Gregory:

1) isn't it a little too coincidental that the Tucson Ring was shipped "by
Tucson freighter Augustin Ainsa", the same name as the Spanish explorer who
supposedly discovered it 126 years earlier (Juan Bautiste Ainsa)...

Bernd:

<< one among many other mysteries surrounding the Tucson iron masses. There
are (at least) three Juan Bautista Ainsas in the genealogy of the Anza-Ainsa
family: >>

Knowledge, and the sharing thereof. LONG LIVE THE LIST! (Thanks, Bernd!)

(WOW! Mere seconds ago (as I was reaching for the "send" button) Los Angeles
got a goooood earthquake jolt!) Think I'll investigate the house for damage
now!

Gregory