[meteorite-list] old timers

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:56 2004

Hi David, Rick, Bernd & all,
        "Spacerocks" is Rick, originally known as "Snick Rick" from
THE FIRST meteorite chat held by Meteorite Central, prior to the
founding of this newletter. He is a "ground zero" member. So, Yup,
Ol' Rick is a "founding father."
        That said, I, like MANY have a strong objection to "anonymity"
in a post to this list - or in general, (for a variety of reasons
not important to go into) and find it AMAZING that MANY people
think their email address is "recognized" by everyone - or even
by many! There are HUNDREDS of people on this list, I have hundreds
of other customers and HUNDREDS of friends and family. What on
earth are people thinking that they expect me to recognize their
"call letters" ?????
        I almost lost a friend, who took great insult at a response I
posted to him after he wrote to me and did NOT SIGN his post!
(I wanted to know who he was) How the HELL was I supposed
to know it was him? .....because he had had that email address
for years. Hell, folks, I have been speaking English since I was
two years old, and I STILL can't spell worth a damn! How can I
be expected to remember peoples email addresses!!!!??????
        And YES, not signing a post is AT BEST rude and presuptious.
(we all are, on occasion, you know). And, if you are one of the
dozens who think you are going to be recognized by your email
address - well, unless it has your name in it - YOU AREN'T! So,
please, do sign your posts, thank you very much.
        (one of my favorites is people who write with their wife's name
or a friend's name or who knows WHO's name - but not theirs,
and STILL think you know who it is!)
        This should NOT be aimed at SNC Rick - he is by no means the
only one who does this - this is done by many, many, many people.
Please stop, y'all.
        Anyway, that is my two cents on the subject.
        Best wishes to all, Michael

--
Heck is where people go who don't believe in gosh.