[meteorite-list] Television Program on the Los Angeles Meteorite/Bob Verish

From: FRANK B CRESSY <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:55 2004

Hello all,

Last night "The Learning Channel" had a program called "The Hunt for Amazing
Treasures: Lost and Found". The second story was about list member Bob
Verish and his discovery of the Los Angeles meteorite. All in all a nice job
was done on this amazing find. Good commentary both by Bob and Dr. Alan
Rubin (UCLA) as well. The main problem I had was the use of what looked like
comet Shoemaker-Levy animation to depict meteors entering the Earth's
atmosphere.
The re-enactment of Bob's discovery of LA 001 &LA 002 in his backyard was
included too, but for those not familiar with the story might think Bob to
be a little strange as he was wearing a respirator and long rubber gloves
while cleaning up the rock boxes. It was not mentioned (or I missed it) that
the boxes were rodent infested and he was protecting himself from possible
hanta-virus contamination.

The program re-airs this Wednesday Sept 5 both at 9PM and 12AM ET/PT and on
Sunday, Sept. 9 at 1PM ET/PT.

This program is certainly worth watching.
Regards,
Frank