[meteorite-list] Viking finds life on Mars!?

From: Charlie <moonrock25_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:55 2004

Hello Martin. Hello list.

Martin Wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/space/09/03/mars.viking/index.html

Martin, I noticed at the bottom of the link you sent there is an earlier
story dealing with the renewed debate over what were originally
interpreted as false positives where Levin's Viking experiment was
concerned.In that earlier story, Levin is quoted as saying he believes
the resistance to his experiment's positive results were more political
than scientific. Whether that is the case or not, here is a link to a
story I posted to the list in July which goes into further detail
regarding microbiologist Joe Miller's re-examination of Levin's Viking
experiment and Miller's belief that he has detected circadian rhythms
attributable to biological activity:

http://www.space.com/news/spacehistory/viking_life_010728.html

Best wishes,
Charlie