[meteorite-list] Andromedids

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:14 2004

WaveMaster516_at_aol.com wrote:

> when are the Andromedids????

Hello xxx,

The Andromedids' maximum activity lies between November 10 and
November 14 and they are cometary debris from P/Biela which first
split into two components and then disappeared never to be seen
again. Since 1772 a moderate but regularly recurring shower had
been observed emanating from the constellation of Andromeda.

On Nov 27, 1882 a breathtaking 33,400 Andromedids had been counted
within 6.5 hours by four Italina observers. This show was even more
spectacular in 1885, around the time when the comet (had it still
been there) should have returned.

> Are they any good?

I don't know because I have never watched any (as far as I know).

Best wishes,

yyy