[meteorite-list] mail to the US

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:14 2004

<P><mailto:meteorite-list-request_at_meteoritecentral.com?subject=help><mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=subscribe><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=unsubscribe>&gt;To use the credit cards via Internet other risk, if they come intercepted are pure troubles &gt;them.</mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=unsubscribe></mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=subscribe></mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com></mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=help></P>
<P><mailto:meteorite-list-request_at_meteoritecentral.com?subject=help><mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=subscribe><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=unsubscribe>I suspect that by using credit cards through billpoint your risk of a problem is probably a lot less than say, giving your card to some gas station attendent. You are not risk free of course but I dont think that the internet is significantly riskier than other types of uses for a card. &nbsp;&nbsp;I might be wrong on that but I suspect that it is a lot safer than sending cash through the mail. Also registration costs what, $6? Thats what it costs here in canada (CDN$9 plus the regular postage rate) </mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=unsubscribe></mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=subscribe></mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com></mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=help><mailto:m
eteorite-list-request_at_meteoritecentral.com?subject=help><mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=subscribe><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=unsubscribe>If you have &nbsp;mailed </mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=unsubscribe></mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=subscribe></mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com></mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=help><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=help><mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=subscribe><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=unsubscribe>500 pieces of registered mail you are out $3000 or so already - that in and of itself at least partly compensates you for some of the risk . Also, for the seller, billpoint is probably less costly than having your own merchant credit card account (An
d certainly a lot less of an hassle). If you only sell via internet it would be hard to justify having a merchant account with billpoint around (Although they used to have a $2000 maximun. I dont know if that is still the case but you might be able to get around that if your buyers that buy more than $2000 worth of stuff&nbsp;has more than one credit card.). I get on average 3 or 4 billpoint payments a day and in a year and a half have yet to get a chargeback. I am sure that I will sometime get one but its probably not more than having a merchant account. I did get a single chargeback on a credit card from paypal once ($32). Credit cards is now very easy to use to buy ebay winnings and I think has gotten very safe. And you get your stuff a lot&nbsp;faster. &nbsp;</mailto:meteorite-list-request_at_meteoritecentral.com?subject=unsubscribe></mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=subscribe></mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com></mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=
help></P>
<P><mailto:meteorite-list-request_at_meteoritecentral.com?subject=help><mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=subscribe><mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=unsubscribe>cheers</mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=unsubscribe></mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=subscribe></mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com></mailto:meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com?subject=help></P>