[meteorite-list] Tagish Lake Meteorite May Hold Clues To Life

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:11 2004

>A very important meteorite to science. The human race is very lucky >
> >that the Canadian Govt. protected this meteorite from the big, bad
> >collectors and dealers my letting most of it fall into the lake where we
> >can't get it. OOPS!!!!! NOW THEY CAN"T GET IT EITHER.
>Thank God for Allende and Murchison.

Hey guy. We have to protect out national identity and culture up here in the
great white north. We dont want to become americans. Otherwise we might lose
our ability to outdrink you guys south of the 49th paralell and lose our
taste for backbacon. What do you think that we are going to do? Let some
Tagish Lake get into the hands of competant scientists and researchers in
the USA and Europe so that they can study it and uncover secrets to the
universe? That wouldent be very Canadian. Look at all of the Allende that
got studied. Mexician science would have been way better off if foreign
researchers didnt steal their show.
In support of the supression on science in the name of culture everywhere
DEAN