[meteorite-list] Re: Mars Rocks: The Look

From: CMcdon0923_at_aol.com <CMcdon0923_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:10 2004

--part1_148.2a99111.28efbdb0_boundary

In a message dated 10/5/01 8:22:00 PM Central Daylight Time,
capricorn89_at_earthlink.net writes:

> > Craig said, "Remember, actually we've never really SEEN a > Mars rock
> "in person", so we don't really know what they look like." Well, OK, we
> didn't get to thump them with a rock hammer, true, but what about MARS
> PATHFINDER? (Or Viking, for that > matter?)
> >
> > How soon they forget... Yogi, Ren & Stimpy, the Rock Garden, The
> Mini-Matterhorn, Spock, Piglet, Barnacle Bill, the Couch? The red is dust.
> The rocks are only red on the upwind side. Downwind, they look like...
> rocks. Black mostly, basaltic, vesciular, pretty much like lava anywhere.

OK....I really have to learn to try to be more specific, but I like to try
and keep my messages under 1,000 words.

Let's try this again.....No human being has ever physically held in their
hands and/or observed first hand with their eyes, a (non-meteoritic) "Mars
rock".

Using Sterling's logic, then we've see Venusian rocks too. Anybody want to
give a detailed description? We've also seen Erosian (?) rocks and
boulders...what do they look like? Anyone wanna try Europian (ala Europa)?
I've seen pictures of Coelacanths, but I can't say I've actually SEEN a
Coelacanth.

Here's a thought.....No person has ever actually SEEN their own face. We've
seen photos or a reflection of it, but never has anyone gazed upon their own.

Craig

--part1_148.2a99111.28efbdb0_boundary