[meteorite-list] compilation websites

From: David Weir <dgweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:09 2004

Hello Szymon and list,

Of course I don't have a problem with you using my classification data,
it belongs to the world. But its improper presentation may create a
problem that you may not fully appreciate. The problem is that this
classification data is not static. In fact, it changes constantly based
on the results of continuing research within the meteoritical
institutions. I would not want you to give interested readers incorrect
or outdated information, especially in my name. The page that I saw on
your website is a perfect example of this problem - significant
classification details have since been changed or updated from the time
you borrowed that page.

While I certainly don't mind you using any data or information from my
website for a particular purpose, it should not be copied for its own
sake, but rather, a link to the original site should be provided.
Compilation sites such as yours can be of no benefit to the meteorite
community if they can't provide for updates of information, and the only
way to do this is through a direct link to the original website. Links
from other websites are always welcome and appreciated.

Best of luck in your endeavors,

David