[meteorite-list] Impact Melt meteorites

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:13 2004

Michael Blood wrote:

> Hi Bernd & all, Speaking of impact melts - below is one
> I consider exceptional: DHOFAR 010 (H6 Impact Melt)

So do I otherwise I wouldn't have purchased one from you :-)

> Still, with the "bleed" factor, ...

Right. But I repeatedly wiped it off as soon as the bleeding
became bothersome again and meanwhile I have noticed
that the bleeding process is gradually slowing down.

> beautiful melt

I agree. Here is my personal description of my specimen:

Impact melt breccia. Highly weathered, cut endpiece. A dark-brown bridge
of impact melt separates two round clasts having a lighter brown color.
Several melt veins originating at the melt bridge traverse the larger
clast which is besprinkled with countless, minute + two somewhat larger
FeNi specks. In the smaller clast, the melt material is not veiny but
patchy.

Best wishes,

Bernd