[meteorite-list] Strange Names

From: Bob Martino <martino.6_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:13 2004

All,

Here's a fun activity:

Get a U.S. Road Atlas and look for Cincinnati, Ohio (Southwest corner of
the state). Just south of this city, across the river, is Kentucky. Look
at the Kentucky map and just below Cincinnati you should find the tiny town
of "Beaver Lick." Just west of Beaver Lick is a Kentucky State Park named
"Big Bone Lick." I am not making this up.

If we lived in a perfect world, these places would be right off Highway 69.
Unfortunately, they are not.

Bob Martino Can you really name a star?
                                        http://home.columbus.rr.com/starfaq/
"This is how men behave when they
 believe they have absolute knowledge."
               -Jacob Bronowski (speaking from the ashes of Auschwitz)