[meteorite-list] re. simplified meteorite rust treatment

From: Dave Coleman & Sarah Kennedy-Coleman <jensan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:13 2004

((Sorry for the extra copy of this, Tracy....))

So, Steve...has this method earned the Schoner seal of approval for the
NanTans?

I'm in the market for the latest/greatest treatment for a small N-T
individual with a few fractures.

Thanks, clear skies, and death to rust!

DC

Tracy Latimer wrote:

> For those of you who have expressed interest in the lye method of
> neutralizing the Dread Lawrencite, I offer this reprint of a
>
> Tracy Latimerawrencite

NiCl3 (Cl2 also) in meteorites.

> Now I have found that it can be done with 70% isopropyl rubbing alcohol right off the drug
store shelf, and Red Devil lye (sodium hydroxide).