[meteorite-list] new york again

From: CMcdon0923_at_aol.com <CMcdon0923_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:10 2004

--part1_60.16a47afe.29215df4_boundary

I'm off from work today and have been listening in all morning.....

INITIAL word is that it was probably NOT any type of terrorist incident, but
rather a catastrophic structural failure of a wing and/or engine component on
the plane just after take-off.

While perhaps we can be somewhat relieved as to the first point, it is none
the less a tragedy for all involved, both on the plane, and on the ground
where there will almost undoubtedly be additional casualties, because it
impacted in a residential neighborhood.

On a somewhat related note.....I just got back from Boston yestarday
afternoon, and my flight passed over NYC (technically, a few miles inland),
and it was truly an eerie sight to look over at Manhattan and not see the WTC
towers.

Craig
Frisco, Texas

--part1_60.16a47afe.29215df4_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>I'm off from work today and have been listening in all morning.....
<BR>
<BR>INITIAL word is that it was probably NOT any type of terrorist incident, but rather a catastrophic structural failure of a wing and/or engine component on the plane just after take-off. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>While perhaps we can be somewhat relieved as to the first point, it is none the less a tragedy for all involved, both on the plane, and on the ground where there will almost undoubtedly be additional casualties, because it impacted in a residential neighborhood.
<BR>
<BR>On a somewhat related note.....I just got back from Boston yestarday afternoon, and my flight passed over NYC (technically, a few miles inland), and it was truly an eerie sight to look over at Manhattan and not see the WTC towers.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>Craig
<BR>Frisco, Texas</FONT></HTML>