[meteorite-list] Ownership of Apollo samples

From: Charlie <moonrock25_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:05 2004

Dear list,

If memory serves me correct, and this early in the morning that's
problematical, private ownership isn't ownership as such, but a loan.
The sample cannot be owner-transferred, but must eventually revert back
to NASA. Is that more or less correct? And if someone tells me that
this is all perfectly legal, I'm heading to the bank to take out a loan.
LOL!

P.S. the 96 gram Apollo 11 lunar basalt sample has received 2 bids as of
this writing.

Best wishes,
Charlie