[meteorite-list] Possible Supernova?

From: Ginger Mayfield <chikadee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:46:25 2004

Rob,

I just checked Starry Night Pro and didn't see any celestial
object to explain your mystery object. I also checked the
supernova page and the brightest supernova found so far this
year is a magnitude 13.6 which is not visible (not even
close) to the naked eye. Perhaps it was a weather balloon
reflecting the sunlight. Just a guess.

Ginger