[meteorite-list] A WHOPPER FROM DEMING, NM

From: Darryl S. Futrell <futrelds_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:46:24 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_saic.com>
To: meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com
Date: Monday, May 14, 2001 12:43 PM
Subject: RE: [meteorite-list] A WHOPPER FROM DEMING, NM

Reminds me of the time back in the late 1960s when I was returning to Los
Angeles from TX in one of my VWs. I took a less traveled route thru New
Mexico in an attempt to see something new. I think it was in Yeso where I
stopped at I think the only shop that was open. Met an older wirey fellow
who insisted there was a big iron meteorite sitting mostly buried way out
there in the boondocks. He had none of it because he couldn't break any of
it off. I had to get home the next day and was about out of funds, so I
didn't pursue it at the time. But, I never found myself traveling that
route again. Anyhow, didn't know what to make of this fellow, and I had
already been on so many wild goose chases.
Still bugs me that I never investigated.
Darryl