[meteorite-list] SAHARAMET fieldwork

From: SaharaTeam_at_aol.com <SaharaTeam_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:46:24 2004

--part1_f7.a2c5f9b.2832ed03_boundary

> You only search where your land rover can go. You wont be getting on a camel
> anytime soon and searching for 4 months in areas that your 4x4 cant go.

Dean,
we have tested camels, but you can't spend a day prospecting without finding
everywhere camel dung, they really look like small meteorites, perfect
dummies. The other problem is that camels can't cross on rocky areas and have
few autonomy without at less dry grass once a day.

We have finally opted for a middle choice between local fauna (we haven't
found the equivalence of Antarctica penguins collecting meteorites for use in
nest building) and helicopter or C-130 Hercules :
 ==> our two loyal old Range Rover.

Richard & Roland Pelisson
www.SaharaMet.com

--part1_f7.a2c5f9b.2832ed03_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>
<BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">You only search where your land rover can go. You wont be getting on a camel
<BR>anytime soon and searching for 4 months in areas that your 4x4 cant go.</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="1"></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR></FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="1">
<BR>Dean,
<BR>we have tested camels, but you can't spend a day prospecting without finding
<BR>everywhere camel dung, they really look like small meteorites, perfect
<BR>dummies. The other problem is that camels can't cross on rocky areas and have
<BR>few autonomy without at less dry grass once a day.
<BR>
<BR>We have finally opted for a middle choice between local fauna (we haven't
<BR>found the equivalence of Antarctica penguins collecting meteorites for use in
<BR>nest building) and helicopter or C-130 Hercules :
<BR> ==&gt; our two loyal old Range Rover.
<BR>
<BR>Richard &amp; Roland Pelisson
<BR>www.SaharaMet.com
<BR></FONT></HTML>