[meteorite-list] Stolen Meteorites

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:46:23 2004

Dear Francis,
I think this is a great idea, only....one would need to visibly etch a
serial number into the side of the meteorite to register it and have the
number on the title...ok, then, I was only kidding. Hell, we can't get
a quorum for a meteorite dealers/hunters/collectors group. We have so
many here that want things but refuse to liberalize their views to see a
positive group end together on anything.
With the no name NWA meteorites coming into the country, I doubt your
idea goes any farther than something to offer off the cuff comments
about. Cars have a serial number, but they are still swiped all too
often, go figure!
Justcuffy,
Dave Freeman