[meteorite-list] Thin Section Photos

From: Ginger Mayfield <chikadee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:46:23 2004

Michael,

You can bet I would be interested in any secrets that Tom
could share. The biggest problem I have is getting a decent
lower power view. When I zoom out, I get the vignetting
which I then have to crop from the image. Nailing the focus
is also tricky through a microscope. I usually fine tune
the focus with the microscope, not the camera. Every once
in awhile I get lucky. John, I very much enjoyed your
images - especially the Bilanga, which is such an awesome
thin section. Dean also has some really nice thin section
images.

Ginger