[meteorite-list] Re: Italian Researchers Find Traces Of Life In Meteorites

From: Matteo Chinellato <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:46:22 2004

Hello all

I have write to one of the two professors - for the
moment I no have received answer - for ask what
meteorite have this " traces of life "....but I ahve a
big suspect this is a false notice, probably is
contamination from terrestrial bacteria....another is
the traces is find in a martian meteorite of 4 bilions
of year ???!!! The problem is the University of Naples
no have any martian meteorite in the museum
collection.
Regards

matteo

--- Ron Baalke <baalke_at_zagami.jpl.nasa.gov> ha
scritto: > > Hi Ron & List members,
> > It would be most interesting to know WHAT
> meteorite(s)
> > produced these findings and how the researchers
> ruled out
> > earth contamination as the source of the
> micro-organisms.
>
> Exactly my thoughts. I highly suspect
> contamination.
>
> Ron Baalke

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Telefax +39 041 5415850 Mobil Phone 0339 3895503
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Collection Site: http://utenti.tripod.it/M_come_Meteorite/Collection.html
ICQ 84588769