[meteorite-list] Final Day Meteorite Votes
From: Dave Coleman & Sarah Kennedy-Coleman <jensan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:46:22 2004
Dear List Members:
Please be advised that we are entering the FINAL DAYS for voting on your
The voting ends Thursday at 6 p.m.
Thanks to the many, many who have responded!!!
But.... there are still many of you out there who have not voted.
If you all will send us your votes for your own "Top Six" favorite
meteorites of all time, chosen by WHATEVER criteria you want (rarity,
type/class, cool appearance, unique history, etc), we will do this:
1. After receiving the minimum of 30 entries, we will carefully record,
compile, and report the results to the list after the contest closes.
2. We will use the top six meteorite vote-getters on a new "Top Six"
3. IF anyone (or more than one -- multiple winners ARE possible) turns
out to have correctly proposed ALL six of the eventual winners in their
ballot, they will get one of the new mousepads FREE as a prize for their
cleverness. If they agree, the winner/s names will be posted.
1. We gotta get a minimum of 30 votes or the contest fizzles due to lack
of interest and insufficient data.
2. Mail off-list with "Top Six Contest" in the subject line.
3. Only one submission (pick 6 only) per person.
4. Provide both "proper name" AND classification.
5. Please comment on your reason for picking each of YOUR Top Six.
6. Serious entries only, please...let's make it a good representation of
the thoughts of the group...
Please do so off-line to:
Meteorite Favorites - Top 6
Thanks! May the best meteorites win!
Received on Tue 08 May 2001 04:21:04 PM PDT