[meteorite-list] AVIRIS image of Meteor Crater

From: Matt Morgan <mmorgan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:46:22 2004

No evidence of shock metamorphism anywhere at Upheaval. I just attended a
week-long Geological Society of America Field Forum there. We discussed the
possibilities of it being a crater. The most compelling evidence is the
structural element itself. However, there has not been to date, a single
shocked quartz grain found. Nor any impact breccias. You decide. If the
glove fits....

Matt Morgan
Mile High Meteorites
http://www.mhmeteorites.com